Monday 5 October 2020

Welcome!

Hi there! My name is Tim and I've decided to start a blog about Bob Dylan. Does the world need another blog about Bob Dylan? Maybe it doesn't, but I'm not going to let that stop me...

Before getting started, I want to recommend a couple of other Dylan sites that have been of particular inspiration to me:

Ray Padgett's Flagging Down the Double-E's, an excellent newsletter featuring essays inspired by Bob Dylan's concert performances over the years. Ray has kindly allowed me to contribute a couple of guest articles over the past few months, which ultimately set me on the path to starting this blog. 

Also, Sigismund Sludig's Grain Sparrow blog, which is the home of his ongoing '100 Favourite Bob Dylan Songs' series. These insightful, personal analyses of Dylan's songs are always a great read.

I'd also like to acknowledge Andrew Muir's book One More Night: Bob Dylan's Never Ending Tour, and the late Paul Williams' three-volume Performing Artist series, both of which have shaped my understanding of Bob Dylan's work. There are countless other great Dylan books and resources out there too; far too many to list here.

Finally, I'd like to thank Bob Dylan, and everyone who has made it possible for him to do what he does.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment

(Un)Important Words: "Truckin'" in Tokyo 2023

At a show just yesterday in Tokyo, Japan, Bob Dylan and His Band surprised the audience (and fans following events from overseas) by perform...