Thursday 14 January 2021

Odds & Ends


I like writing about Bob Dylan a lot, which is why doing this blog is so much fun. Before the next post, I thought I would post links to some of the other Dylan-related things I've had the opportunity to write over the last year or so.


At Budokan Before 'At Budokan' for Flagging Down the Double E's: A look the the first show of Bob's 1978 tour of the Far East.


In Defence of Bob Dylan's 'Dylan' for Cover Me: I attempt to defend the 1973 album that Columbia put out against Bob's will after he left them for Asylum Records.


Cover Classics - Bob Dylan's 'Good As I Been to You' for Cover Me: A retrospective review of Dylan's 1992 acoustic folk album, which also looks at the possible arrangement sources Bob used for his covers.


Strumming on My Gay Guitar for Flagging Down the Double E's: I use Bob's show at Port Chester in June 2017 as a jumping off point to talk about the strange lead guitar style Dylan adopted in the 1990s. 


A review of Emma Swift's Bob Dylan covers album 'Blonde on the Tracks' for Cover Me: A look at Emma Swift's inspired reinterpretations of eight Dylan songs.








1 comment:

(Un)Important Words: "Truckin'" in Tokyo 2023

At a show just yesterday in Tokyo, Japan, Bob Dylan and His Band surprised the audience (and fans following events from overseas) by perform...